Even though I am kept busy with my family commitments, nursing career and my role as an Orange City councillor, I find the time to give back to the community by assisting various charities and fundraising organisations to raise money and help promote awareness of their much worthy cause.
I find this experience invaluable for our children when teaching them the value of respect, trust and giving.
- Australian Family Matters
- Cancer Care Western NSW
- Ronald McDonald House for Orange
- Cancer Council - Relay for Life
- Salvation Army door knock appeal
- Care Flight Miss Orange
- Shave for a Cure
- School Fundraisers
- Miss Epilepsy
- Fairy Sparkle Garden
- Star Search
- Vinnies Food Van
- Orange Adventure Playground
- Matt Gollinski – Plates for Mates fundraising.
- Fundraising for John Crasti- injured bullrider
- Flix in the sticks at Cudal school with Fipa the frog
- Taste Orange event with Dragon Boat racing at Lake Canobolas with Fipa, Elliot, Trikay and free art work.
- Orange East School markets with Fipa, Elliot and free artwork.
- Big Air School at John Lomas skate Park Orange with free give aways and a visit from Fipa and Elliot.
- Plus much much more:
Vision Task – Family Needs Assessment
Fiona is undertaking Honours in Health Science so she can conduct research into what family needs are. The findings will be utilised by Orange City Council and Australian Family Matters so advocacy can occur to bring about service providers and support for families. Watch this space; better still see what Fiona is writing on the blog.
Australian Rural Leadership Course- one of 34 Australians chosen to undertake an 18 month course which takes participants around Australia and overseas. Visit their link to learn more - http://www.rural-leaders.com.au/