Profile for Cr Fiona Rossiter during her 8 year term:
Fiona was elected to Orange City Council in 2004 and was re-elected in 2008. For some people this was quite a surprise as she has six children at home in Australia and eight in total, including two in the United Kingdom. Fiona's paid work is as a Registered Nurse specialising in Theatre nursing at Orange Base Hospital. Fiona additionally teaches educational classes for parents with their children as the Franchise owner of Gymbaroo Orange.
Fiona is in partnership with her husband as small business owners who own - Back 2 family basics, Bissys Cafe Orange, Gymbaroo Orange and Fipa's World Orange/Cargo. Fiona believes that working together as a team is positive and advantageous for any community. Fiona will remain committed and provide leadership in her future roles as she did during her time with Orange City Council
Fiona's objectives when on Orange City Council:
- Work with and support economically, culturally and socially disadvantaged people and groups
- Welcome, advocate, maintain, and encourage further programmes and facilities for children and youth. This is our future generation, lets work together.
- Maintain the support and provide improved facilities and programmes for disabled, aged and our multicultural people.
- Increase community services, facilities and activities to improve on and support a Family Friendly city.
- Be active in working towards and following the Climate Change initiatives outlined by Climate Change organizations to help stop and reverse damage caused to our environment.
- Remain active in consultation and decision making for the greater good of our community, the environment, business growth and planning. Consequently, working towards and encouraging the development of our new Police Station, Hospital, Major Works Projects within Council, Suma Park Dam wall increase and Regional Development.
- Utilise opportunities that arise where I can work with Councillors and Council staff to lobby for and search out funding for projects, community needs and services for our community with State and Federal Government.
Always putting family first...
If you would like to learn more about what Fiona is involved in visit her blog located on this site or the other electronic links she has with Facebook, Twitter and You-tube. She looks forward to your visit!